One of the cargo forwarders in Saudi Arabia has posted schedule of custom charges for taxable items.
The following is a list of household appliances and electronic gadgets with the corresponding customs charges.
The following schedule of custom duties and taxes applies to both new and used items:
If you will be shipping home appliance that is not on the list and has an estimated value of SR 375 or higher, shall be subject to 10% tax.
In addition the following are the prohibited and restricted items.
· Absinthe (alcohol)
· Alcoholic beverages
· Dismantled Auto Parts (Chop chop)
· Cultural artifacts and pottery
· Dog and cat fur
· Firearms, Explosives & Guns, including parts of
· Food products such as cheese, meat
· Hazardous Materials
· Trophies, gold, Haitian
· Meats, Livestock and poultry
· Merchandise from embargoed countries
· Textiles (roll)
· Trademarked and copyrighted articles
· Fluids and Perishable food items
· Automobiles (any parts)
· Ceramic tableware
· Defense articles or items with military or proliferation applications
· Drug paraphernalia
· Fish and wildlife
· Fruits and vegetables
· Game and hunting
· Animal hide drums
· Pets, plants and seed, soils
· Used clothing or shoes of commercial quantity (Ukayukay in bales / boxes)
· Pornographic Materials
All restricted items are subject to seizure and will be destroyed. The shipper and the consignee will be subject to prosecution.
List of FTEB-Accredited Seafreight Forwarders and their Foreign Agents sending Balikbayan Box Shipments (as of 07 August)
Note: images grabbed from Facebook courtesy of Michael Uy Garcia/Evan Demata. We request original or scanned copy from LBC and we will update this post the soonest for clearer images.