DTI has recently released an advisory regarding items that should not be sent through balik-bayan boxes.
- Money orders and traveller's checks
- Firearms, ammunitions and explosives
- Prohibited drugs and other substances
- Pornographic materials
- Gambling cards
- Toy guns
- Pirated products
- Items of commercial quantity
- Plant seeds and plant materials
- Food not contained in cans, sealed packages or in bottles
They also added that contents of your boxes should be declared.
For complaints or inquiry contact DTI or call DTI direct (02)751-3330 or 09178343330.