Are you the student who is really determined to graduate from school but unfortunately your family belongs to the poor sector? Good news! Department of Social Welfare and Development has a program that gives educational assistance to families and individuals who cannot afford to pay for their tuition fees.
HOW TO AVAIL OF FREE TUITION AND FREE EDUCATION FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM DSWD FOR POOR STUDENT AND FAMILIES
Who are qualified to avail of this program?
It is designed to assist students, especially if the family is presently under crisis and not able to raise funds to continue sending their children to school. Amount of assistance that can be extended ranges from P3,000 t0 P25,000 depending upon the assessment of the social worker.
Applicants may go to any Social Welfare & Development Satellite Office, an extension office of DSWD that serves as action center on provincial levels. They will be offering their services from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm every working days (with no lunch breaks).
What are the documents required to avail the program?
- Enrollment Assessment Form/ Certificate of Enrollment or Registration
- School ID (if the student asking for aid is already enrolled)
- Barangay certificate of residence or indigency (as proof of being poor) and at least one valid ID
- Referral letter (letter of introduction of the applicant from any organization)
How long does the process take?
- For immediate financial aid, the fastest time of the process is 45 minutes for every client.
- For those who are given a guarantee letter or referral letter (for assistance less than P5,000), the fastest process time is also 45 minutes.
- For those who are given guarantee letter (for the assistance of more than P5,000), the processing will be one day
- And for those who will be given an assistance through check, the processing will take up to 3 days.
According to Nelson Mandela "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." It is indeed true. Education will not only change the world but it will also change your life. Who knows, you will be one of the richest person in the Philippines? or in the world? if you pursue your studies. So never let this opportunity the government is giving you to pass.
This article is filed under: free tuition, Free Education, free tuition fee, free tuition grant, free tuition grant, Free Tuition Law,