If you ask about the symptoms of a heart attack, most
people think of chest pain. Over the last couple of decades, however, scientists have learned that heart attack symptoms aren't so clear-cut.
Symptoms of heart attack to men include:
- standard chest pain that feels like "an elephant" is sitting on your chest, with a squeezing sensation that may come and go or remain constant and intense
- upper body pain or discomfort, including arms, left shoulder, back, neck, jaw, or stomach
- rapid or irregular heartbeat
- stomach discomfort that feels like indigestion
- shortness of breath, which may leave you feeling like you can't get enough air, even when you're resting
- dizziness or feeling like you're going to pass out
- breaking out in a cold sweat
Heart attack in women include:
- unusual fatigue lasting for several days or sudden severe fatigue
- sleep disturbances
- light headedness
- shortness of breath
- indigestion or gas-like pain
- upper back, shoulder, or throat pain
- jaw pain or pain that spreads up to your jaw
- pressure or pain in the center of your chest, which may spread to your arm
Heart attack symptoms may vary as well on individuals age. A regular checkups and learning to recognize the symptoms of a heart attack, it will help lower your risk of severe heart damage from a heart attack. This may increase your life expectancy and well being.
KNOW THE EARLY SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF HEART ATTACKS. LIFE IS TOO BEAUTIFUL NOT TO ENJOY IT. LIVE A HEALTHY AND BALANCED LIFE.
BE POSITIVE IN YOUR LIFE. PRAY AND BE AN INSPIRATION TO OTHERS.
Photo credit to google images.