Planning to apply for a passport? The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) announced that passport applicants will soon be able to pay passport processing fees online or through designated payment centers.
DFA said earlier that this system will prevent fixers from reserving slots and selling them to passport applicants and will improve show-up rates. Before the year-ends, the DFA will open an online payment portal where applicants can pay their processing fees ahead of time.
Passport applicants can choose between paying through debit or credit card transactions or pay in cash through over-the-counter transactions in selected banks and payment centers.
With this, the DFA already posted a video on its website and in DFA's online page on how to be able to process passports and pay online.
The following are four easy steps on How to Pay Your Passport Fees Online!
Step 1 — Visits passport.gov.ph and schedule your appointment
- Read all the reminders carefully before agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the online appointment system.
- Choose a DFA consular office where you wish to apply for or renew your passport.
- Carefully review all the details of your applications before clicking SUBMIT.
- Choose your desired passport processing type (expedited or regular processing) before clicking PROCEED TO PAYMENT.
- You will receive an email your reference number. Take note of this number.
Step 2 — Pay your passport processing fee at any of our authorized payment centers.
- Present your reference number at the payment center upon payment of the passport processing fee.
- You will be issued a receipt. Make sure to keep this receipt.
- One reference number corresponds to one transaction. If you are paying for multiple reference numbers, you need to pay separately for each reference number.
Step 3 — Print out the confirmed appointment packet that will be emailed to you after you have paid your passport processing fee.
Your passport appointment packet contains the following:
- Checklist with your indicated schedule
- Application form with the bar code, appointment reference number, and e-receipt number
- Two (2) copies of the e-receipt
Step 4 — Personally show up at the DFA consular office on the date and time indicated in your appointment.
- Make sure to bring a PRINTED COPY of your confirmed passport appointment packet and other required documents and IDs.